Released: October 27, 2014 (Legacy – 8884308288)
In 2014, for the celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the film Ghostbusters, Legacy released a special edition 12″ single featuring two versions of the title track.
– Two 12 x 12 Stay Puft 3D lenticular images from the film
– One 12 x 12 Stay Puft 3D motion lenticular image from the film
– Puffy gatefold jacket which simulates the feel and texture of a marshmallow.
– Single sided marshmallow scented vinyl.
– Inner gatefold w/photo collage of Stay Puft’s iconic march through NYC.
A1) Ray Parker, Jr. – Ghostbusters
A2) Run-D.M.C. – Ghostbusters
While I’m not really a huge fan of the movie, I had been aware of this pressing and wanted to purchase it for some time. I finally came across a sealed copy at a reasonable price and pulled the trigger. I do plan on opening and playing it at some point in time. I wonder if it still smells like marshmallows nine years after the fact. If it doesn’t, who am I gonna call?!
Enjoying my content? You can support me by contributing to my coffee fund.